BFBBMix is a full game custom level mod of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom created by skyweiss with help from other members of the modding community. Its name is a portmanteau of "BFBB" and "remix."
- 1 Download
- 2 Mod info
- 3 Installation note
- 4 Dolphin tutorial
- 5 Nintendont tutorial
- 6 Xbox tutorial
- 7 External links
- 8 Screenshots
Please download both files for your console in order to get the latest, least buggy version.
Note: Please ensure autosave is on before entering Poseidome to avoid consequences of a rare crash!
A Google Drive folder with all BFBBMix downloads can be found at download.bfbbmix.rocks.
BFBBMix is a revisit to Battle for Bikini Bottom with new levels, objectives, and music. The terrain and various objects are constructed entirely of simple shapes, like cubes, cones, and cylinders, using Industrial Park to place them. Most other objects are imported from the original game.
The mod has been released in milestones as its development progressed towards the full game.
- A demo of Jellyfish Fields was released on 6 September 2019.
- Chapter 1, containing Jellyfish Fields, Downtown Bikini Bottom, Goo Lagoon, and Poseidome, was released on 14 March 2020.
- Chapter 2, adding Rock Bottom, Mermalair, Sand Mountain, and Industrial Park, was released on 6 June 2020.
- The full game version was released on 28 August 2020.
A copy of Battle for Bikini Bottom is required in order to play BFBBMix. The creator of this mod does not endorse distribution of copyrighted material and has only included modified data and none of the base game's data for that reason.
Step 1. Download a compatible version of Dolphin
Download the latest development or beta version of Dolphin.
Step 2. Add Battle for Bikini Bottom to Dolphin
Open Config, go to the Paths tab, and add the path to your Battle for Bikini Bottom ISO file. In the game list, right-click Battle for Bikini Bottom, click Properties, and go to the Filesystem tab.
Step 3. Extract Battle for Bikini Bottom's data files
Right-click Disc and click Extract Entire Disc, which will make a
files folder and a
sys folder. Choose a location that isn't your Dolphin folder.
Step 4. Extract BFBBMix into the data files
Use 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract BFBBMix into the
files folder. Open Config, go to the Paths tab, and add the
You should see BFBBMix with a pink banner in Dolphin's game list now. Run it, and you're good to go!
Step 1. Extract Battle for Bikini Bottom's data files
- Download and open Gamecube Rebuilder.
- Click Image > Open and open your Battle for Bikini Bottom ISO.
- On the right side of the window, right-click Root and click Export, which will make a
rootfolder. Click Image > Close.
Step 2. Extract BFBBMix into the data files
- Use 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract BFBBMix into the
Step 3. Build an ISO file for BFBBMix
- In GameCube Rebuiler, in Options, ensure the "Do not use 'game.toc'" option is checked. (This is important.)
- Click Root > Open and open the
- Click Root > Save. Click Root > Rebuild.
Step 4. Verify the installation
- Run the game in Nintendont or Dolphin, and press Y at the main menu to check the installation. If the game crashes, go back to a previous step and try again.
To play BFBBMix on Xbox, you will need a softmodded Xbox with a dashboard such as UnleashX or a JTAG/RGH Xbox 360.
- Use Qwix to extract Battle for Bikini Bottom to your PC's hard drive.
- Use 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract BFBBMix over Battle for Bikini Bottom's files.
- Use Filezilla to FTP transfer the game to your Xbox or Xbox 360.
- BFBBMix on Twitter
- BFBBMix on speedrun.com
- BFBBMix Discord Server
- Original Soundtrack on YouTube
- Stereo Soundtrack on YouTube
- Soundtrack on Bandcamp